Nov 2, 2008

25th thing: Selling Junk on Ebay


This may simply look like the foul, moldy result of me half-drinking a cappuccino and then leaving the mug on my desk for days and days. And actually, that's just what it is. But for the internet user adept at selling junk on ebay, this swamp of grossucino could be more than a disgusting symbol of my ineptitude as an adult. It could in fact be a product.

In the US a couple of years back, someone found the face of Jesus burned into their piece of toast. It seemed obvious that someone would want to buy that and what better way to find demand than the world's largest internet auction. Someone else tried to sell a bit of rotted ceiling above their bathtub that also seemed to hold the image of the Son of God. Junk doesn't have to take the form of religious relics - one family was considering selling their homemade Australia-shaped prawn cracker on ebay until a radio station fetched them a higher price.

I once had the face of Princess Di in my sunburn, but wasn't dedicated enough to the selling of junk to peel it off my shoulder and bubble wrap it. I still think to myself sometimes, "If only I'd found Diana in a golden crumpet or sneezed her into a tissue."

If you have a strong stomach, look at my mug again. Tilt your head a bit to the left. It looks like a baby's face, right!? Can you see it? Like a chubby baby with gangrene wearing a brown eye patch over it's left eye. Holy toast face - IT'S SHILOH PITT! It's Brangelina's cherub child in my disgusting coffee mug!

Starting price - $5.

No comments: